Sunday, March 5, 2023

Half-Baked Convergence

 Let me get this out of the way before I officially start this post; I meant to take notes during this exercise of group criticism, but ended up forgetting that fact halfway through. Due to this, there will be no accompanying media for this post, as I have nought a suitable picture and/or link to fill in extra space. It was a mistake on my end, and one I hope not to repeat for the rest of this blog. 

Now, on February 27, 2023, my media studies class separated into five groups  in order to peer-review the current outlines we have for our project. Initially, this process was rather awkward given that I am not the most skilled when it comes to social interactions (why do you think this project is a one-man effort?). This awkwardness was shared  amongst not only me, but all five of my assigned group. In complete and utter honesty, I don't think we really moved past it. 

I believe by now you have realised that I am rather frustrated with this peer-review exercise.  There wasn't any real critiquing going on, we were all either joking about how stressful writing blogs are when you have no prior experience or saying that we liked each others' ideas. Personally, I wouldn't commemorate it as helpful. The stories the other kids in my group had were good, and I think it's great so many of us decided to stick close to source material we knew. However, details pertaining to the story weren't exactly given; it was just a rundown of what our blogs looked like and what posts we had.

I am fully part of that problem as well. I barely did anything to offer advice beyond saying that the two kids who have so far neglected their blogs should probably get a move on and actually start posting. 

As of now, I am seeking out advice from other sources i.e. friends with creative minds such as my own. I don't want to be told that everything I'm doing is good because I know there will always be an aspect of this project I can improve. I want criticism, I want to be told that what I have could be made better compared to the "I really like your idea!" I heard from everyone in my peer-review group. 

That's all I really have to say about this  experience.  I wish I got more out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Opening

  And this, dear viewer, is where we part ways. I will leave my project for you here, and disappear into the wild cosmos of the internet. Fa...