Monday, April 3, 2023

And so as the ride comes to a stop...

 Finally, we have reached the end.  This project comes to a close, and now I shall take the time to reflect on this rather rocky experience.  I will say, I had some fun creating this project. Both of the initial concepts I created for the projects were doable and just about perfect, in my opinion. Of course, the later of which ("Two Years After") just happened to be on my good side a little bit more. I made the switch because I knew it'd be easier to pull off, and I don't regret it one bit.

However, some problems I had was that I stayed in the pre-production stage for far too long. With such a simple concept for a film, pre-production didn't need to be as long as it was. The truth is...I was procrastinating. I couldn't get over the mental block in my head keeping me from filming, but once I did it was a piece of cake.

Filming itself was rather fun. I actually ended up with an abundance of takes and different shots to choose from. Sadly, that means that some sacrifices had to be made. The written segment where Joan and Gráinne talk as Joan plays Resident Evil 2: Remake had to be majorly cut as there simply was not enough time for the entire clip to be played unedited. 

A recent screenshot of me editing the film opening

However, I ran into a major problem just as I was beginning to near the end; for some bizarre reason, both of my CCR projects were wiped from Premiere. I have absolutely no idea how this happened, and am quite literally in shock over it. I know this will impact my grade immensely, and I take full responsibility for it. I would simply start over, yet time has run out for me. I will deal with the consequences, whether that means failing this grade or even the entire class. Even though Adobe made the buffer, this was my fault and I apologise for disappointing. 

The only file appearing on me for Premiere, my film opening

The film opening, however, is saved! I will be uploading that shortly, and in response to the absence of my CCRs, I will be uploading the scripts I had written out for them as well. I am very proud of the concepts I came up with, even if they weren't truly able to come to fruition.

Thank you for sticking with me through this rollercoaster of a project.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Opening

  And this, dear viewer, is where we part ways. I will leave my project for you here, and disappear into the wild cosmos of the internet. Fa...