Sunday, March 5, 2023

Contemplating The Eventual CCR

 I would like to create a post speaking of my ideas for this CCR. I will be honest when I say that I am rather worried about this. I consider my creative skills to fall more easily amongst writing compared to  visual media. Writing is definitely something I've spent longer honing my skill in, possessing hundreds of hours on the Google Docs app on my phone. Recording visual media is just something I can't practise too often, since my brother is virtually always home and practically lives in the living room, the only place in my house I like to record in.

Basically, I am scared for the CCR, but I will do my best to approach them with a positive and creative mindset.  The first of these is a direct parody of one of my favourite YouTubers; TheVolgun. However, before  I show you examples of what I want to draw from his content, I have to brief you on what his content surrounds.

The SCP Foundation is a fictional multi-national program that aims to protect the general public from anomalies that range from mildly threatening our basic way of life to destroying the world. In actuality, the Foundation is a multi-cultural internet horror project that started on 4Chan back in 2008 with the post detailing a creature labelled as SCP-173 "The Sculpture", which is still one of the most iconic creations to come from the project. Some other notable creations include SCP-049 "Plague Doctor", SCP-096 "The Shy Guy", and SCP-999 "The Tickle Monster". 

Original photo of SCP-173, as the design has changed in recent years

TheVolgun is a prominent YouTube channel within the SCP community. His content revolves around reading out SCP files under the alias "Dr. Millar". His style is very distinct and high quality compared to those who have similar content, making him stand out. He's personally one of my favourite creators within the SCP sphere, and I'd love to try and replicate his style of content for my CCR. 

Screenshot from TheVolgun's latest video  as of March 5, 2023

For the other media style I'd like to replicate, I aim to make a parody of Late Night talk hosts. This form of media is one that is deeply engrained in my childhood; I remember my mother showing me the latest viral clips from Jimmy Fallon, and carpool karaokes of James Cordon and popular artists before he become widely hated. Because of my experience with Late Night shows, I believe I have all of the knowledge needed to create the perfect parody.

Except, I'd like to add a little twist. You see, there is an already-existing perfect parody; The Eric Andre Show. The show aired on Adult Swim, and has a total of five seasons that can now be viewed on Hulu. Of course, the show is intensely vulgar, and that is an aspect I don't plan to replicate in the slightest. However, the inherent awkwardness and plainly weird jokes are something that I cherish outside of grotesque humour. That is what I wish to replicate more than anything. 

Eric Andre and Hannibal Buress interviewing a grizzly bear

These are my goals with my CCR, as well as the existing properties I wish to parody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Opening

  And this, dear viewer, is where we part ways. I will leave my project for you here, and disappear into the wild cosmos of the internet. Fa...