Sunday, February 19, 2023

Okay, fine, I’ll talk about the story now

 I already know how I want to format this. Taking everything I have learned from watching and reading similar projects, I will act on this:

- An opening establishing the story (The Blair Witch Project, Marble Hornets “Introduction”)

- Shots showcasing random events that will happen later in the movie (House of Leaves Chapter One “Exploration #4”)

- Intercut with the landscape/story shots is the credits in Times New Roman against a black background 

- The black backdrop eventually fades into a coherent image that starts the film (not concrete, still workshopping)

This is main layout of how my opening will work. I need to focus on balancing character and tone, both of which I have a solid idea of. For tone, I’m obviously going for something bleak and unnatural, following alongside all three pieces I’m drawing inspiration from. For characters, I want to focus on a sibling dynamic. 

Siblings is something I am inherently familiar with, having grown up with a brother rather close in age to me (a year and a half apart). The story will focus on how their relationship deteriorates as their single mother leaves for a week during summer break for a wedding, leaving something sinister in her wake. 

I want to film this in my home, of course. I feel like having that familiar environment will make it all the more familiar. I also plan to have my brother act alongside me, as I will be playing the only other character in the opening. This leaves the question of who will record; that, I hope, my mother will help out with. 

I will come up with the storyboards and overall story outline, and post them here next week. I am hesitant to go any further in the details of the story, as I still don’t have all the details fleshed out. You will just have to trust me. 

A very trust-worthy face that happens to be very excited for this project


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Opening

  And this, dear viewer, is where we part ways. I will leave my project for you here, and disappear into the wild cosmos of the internet. Fa...